to 7 Days tour
Feel sea breeze, salt in your hair and
chinese american citizens ALLIANCE houston
Community Involvement Fund
- An applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- You must be a citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.A. and a resident of the Greater Houston metro area.
- You must be of Chinese ancestry.
- You must be female, single, never married, never had a marriage annulled, and never been a parent.
- You must be at least 17 years of age and not over 25 on the date of the pageant.
- You must have a talent presentation. You must not be or have ever been a “professional” entertainer or model. (You are deemed a “professional” if a) Your federal income tax return states your occupation as an entertainer, a model, a singer, etc. b) More than half of your working time is spent as a performer. c) More than half of your income is derived from performing as an actress, a dancer, a singer, etc.)
- You must never have had any criminal record in or outside of the U.S.A.
- The decision of the Pageant Committee in all matters pertaining to qualification standards and selection of candidates shall be deemed final. If you are selected to participate in the Pageant, you will be notified.
- By entering this competition, each contestant agrees to participate in all activities conducted by the C.A.C.A. Houston – CIF during the period of the Pageant. In addition, each contestant agrees if she should win the title of Miss Chinatown Houston, should she qualify she has the responsibility and privilege of representing the C.A.C.A. Houston – CIF in the Miss Chinatown USA Pageant in San Francisco for two weeks.
- Selected information from the entry form will be used for news release purposes and the Pageant Committee shall have the right to take photographs for such purposes as deemed necessary. All such photographs shall remain the exclusive property of the C.A.C.A. Houston – CIF.
- The decision of the judges in the selection of winners shall be deemed final. The Pageant Committee reserves the right to disqualify a contestant for failure to adhere to contest rules and regulations at any time. If a winner is disqualified, any title, unissued prize or award shall be given to the runner up. There shall be no further obligation whatsoever on the part of the C.A.C.A. Houston – CIF toward such disqualified contestant.
- All invitations and requests for public appearances and interviews by the titleholders, “Miss Chinatown Houston”, “Miss Chinese New Year”, “Second Princess” or “Miss Talent” during the year of their reign must first be approved by the C.A.C.A. Houston – CIF Pageant Chair.